Those motorists who have AAA or some other type of roadside assistance can call for help. However, help is not always right on the way. There is often a wait time and, in cases where there is no cell service, motorists could be left to fend for themselves for a while. Thankfully, an expert Rock Hill mechanic at Car Guyz helped to put this list together to make things easy. Here are some necessities to have in your car in case you should get stranded.
• Flashlight – Just don’t keep a flashlight, but also keep some backup batteries on hand. A flashlight does you no good if there is no power.
• First Aid Kit – In case there are any kinds of injuries, you will be prepared to make due until professional help arrives.
• Road Flares – Other drivers may have a hard time seeing you at night. Keep yourself noticeable as parking on a shoulder at night can be dangerous.
• Blankets – If your car dies in the middle of winter, things could get cold in a hurry. Keep yourself warm with the aid of a blanket.
• Snacks and Water – Help could be far away, so try to store something that does not have a short shelf life, such as energy bars or canned goods. Always have enough bottled water for each person traveling.
• Tools – It doesn’t hurt to have some tools that might provide a fix, such as a screwdriver, wrench, socket set, pliers and duct tape.
• Jumper cables – The use of these could provide a quick fix to your predicament and get you right back out on the road.
• Spare gas can – It doesn’t have to be a huge one, just one that can hold enough gas to get you to the nearest destination.
• Fix a flat – These canisters can salvage a flat for a short while. It may be enough to get you where you need to be going. Remember, if the tire has lost too much air it is safer to use your spare tire.
The most common causes of people becoming stranded with their vehicle are dead batteries, flat tires, running out of fuel, transmission issues and locking keys in the car. Any of these causes can occur in an instant. Preparing for the unexpected can make situations a lot less difficult. Remember to customize your emergency kit based on your vehicle, amount of travelers, length of travel, and the areas you may travel. Older vehicles or long trips on remote roads may call for additional supplies. If you are aware of what problems may occur, you can be ready to fix them.
It is always best to have a professional look over your vehicle before starting a road trip. When the time comes to have your car looked over or fix your car troubles, Car Guyz can get you back out on the road with affordable prices and top quality service. For the top car repair Rock Hill SC provides, contact Car Guyz for all your auto repair needs.